Sunday, April 17, 2005

Moments in Madurai


16.04.2005,Saturday
Madurai


Woke up pretty before reaching Madurai. I think there was a young lovers couple sitting behind me, whispering the entire travel.


The first incident happened itself wasn’t great, the guy who took my lug gages and came till the auto, looked like another auto driver helping this guy. But got shocked when he asked forty rupees for it, "Mera Bharat Mahaan" and was not leaving the auto to leave. Got very much irritated, tried not to shout but anger broke at last.


Reached home, vasanthi athai in house, I didn’t expect at all. I was feeling very hungry, my favorite "Dosai", old rice was there, but still I didn’t feel like having more (suddenly switching to good food wasn’t that easy :-).


Packed things, went out with pradeep to purchase few things. He would have felt strange when I told that I want to drink buttermilk near his house, juice in Rajam Juice shop (college day memories:-).


Lunch also I couldn’t have the sambhar. Went out and brought flight tickets to Chennai, then went to ponagaram to get wishes from paati. When everything was a bit over, it was night and I wanted to have haircut, Malaya saloon. The owner and the old guy were able to recognize me.
Midnight I realized that I didn’t properly have the Onsite Phone numbers and address noted down. Immediately went to Sify, got them from my mailbox and had printouts.


Pretty fast day, in-between all tensions thaatha. I was able to understand him, when he wanted me to spend some time with him before leave him. He felt very alien like among everyone in house. But the way he expressed was I didn’t like (that is the problem with him, even a valid reason gets defeated with the way he expresses).


I wanted to spend time with him, but couldn’t make it possible.


17.04.2005,Sunday
Madurai


Today the most favorite food "Aaapam", even though I couldn’t have slowly, I had a lot and felt very happy and satisfied. Planned to leave house by around 10. Pitchai and Ramkumar had come to house, chatted with them for sometime and then visited pradeep’s house, harini’s house, boopathi mama and kanna mama. Came back hurrying to house and left to the airport. Kamal had his entrance classes going on and he had left for that after wishing me in the morning.


On the way travel, talked to karur and palanivel anna (should have called him very before, I did a mistake).


Airport entrance had another surprise for me, a foreigner holding hands of a black, Tamil village girl and I could see pain and love in their eyes.


Checked in, flight was delayed, came out and had some final chatting with all and went in. Ind vs Pak cricket match, no interest. Was just watching around. Flight started and more surprisingly the same foreigner sat beside me.


While talking to him, found out that he has married that girl and she is from mellore. He was sighing about the heat in his mother-in-law’s place and the amount and spicy food he had to eat as marriage feast in many houses. I was very much surprised about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger expertdabbler said...

suddenly switching to good food wasn’t that easy :-).

sema nakkalu:)

7:12 PM  
Blogger ashok said...

good writeup...really enjoyed...cheers

11:17 AM  
Blogger யாத்ரீகன் said...

@prabu karthik
:-D danx

@ashok:
thnx ashok .. keep visiting :-)

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home